Rotary Friendship Exchange is Rotary's international exchange program for Rotarians and their families. Friendship Exchange provides participants the opportunity to experience other cultures by staying in the homes of Rotarians in other countries. The program aims to advance international understanding and peace through personal contact across borders, while developing interclub relationships for fellowship and service projects.
There are three types of Friendship Exchanges:
- Visitor Program: Individual Rotarians, who may be accompanied by family members, spend a few days in the home of a Rotarian in another country.
- Team Program: Rotarian couples, typically four to six, visit several communities in a host district for up to one month.
- Uni-vocational: Host and guest Rotarians of the same occupation observe how their job is done in other countries.
We are pleased to announce a Rotary International Friendship Exchange Visitor Program for District 6900 for this Rotary year, led by me and PDG Bob Hagan will be Co-Past President Upendra Bhatt from the Rotary Club of Emory-Druid Hills The Friendship Exchange is scheduled for an Outbound team in the second half of January 2020.
Our participant Exchange District is R.I. District 3310 in Singapore+ Sabah - East Malaysia.
The Friendship Exchange is an important way of demonstrating the R.I. theme, "Rotary Connects the World". Visiting Rotarians in another country will enable the District 6900 team to witness how the Rotarians in the host country and Rotary District are serving their communities, and cultivating fellowship and friendship among their members.
Any club interested in participating in this Friendship Exchange should contact Upendra Bhatt or me with the details of who will represent their club. Only one couple per club can participate, and a maximum of six couples will be selected for the outbound team. The cost of the program, estimated to be approximately $2,400 per person, is the responsibility of either a sponsoring club or the participant personally.
This is a great opportunity to make friends and attend Rotary events. We will pass on participant's information to our counterparts and would ask them to assign the most appropriate partner clubs and hosts. Once that is done, we will announce various post-exchange activities.
for more Information, please contact
- Bob Hagan - 770-330-9852 BHagan@sterling -health.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upendra Bhatt - 678-478-2578 email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org